Friday 7 April 2017

My Interview with Author CyBrown


Q 1) When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer/ author.

A) After reading Steve Harvey's book, Act like a lady Think like a man, I decided to start writing. Why, people ask me for advice all the time.

Q 2) Where do you get your ideas for your book.

A) My ideas are form  true life events along with stories from associates who also want me to be a voice.

Q 3) What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing.

A) Reading,traveling and meeting people from different countries; I enjoy learning different cultures, and food- of course!

Q 4) How many books have you written,
Which is your favorite.

A) I've completed one, and published one
So this is my first and my favorite one for the moment.

Q 5) Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing.

A) Don't sugarcoat your story- just go for it; tell all- good, bad, and ugly. Not all stories have a fairytale ending especially if you are doing a series.

Q 6) What do you think makes a good story.

A) A great introduction, easy to read,nice flow ( not to confuse the reader with too many characters), and no beating around the bushes to throw the reader off.

Q 7) Which writer or author inspired you.

A) Steve Harvey and E L James.

Q 8) What are you working on at the moment.

A) Currently, I'm working on a biography of a young man, and children book.

Q 9) what genre are your books.

A) Non fiction & fiction.

Q 10) What drew you to the genre you write.

A) Real life events of behind the scene that the regular folks don't see or may never experience in their lifetime.

Q 11) which actor / actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book ( any book you like).

A) I will like to see Angela Bassett portray Carol from the book, Judas and Jezabel. The tales of a New York nanny.

Q 12) Do you write full time or part time.

A) Currently I am writing full time.

Q 13) What is the hardest thing about writing

A) I think, well, for me, I go into a freeze zone/ writers block.

Q 14) Any tips to get through the dreaded writers block.

A) Take a break- don't beat up on yourself; watch tv shows like America greed, 48 hours,take a vacation- go somewhere peaceful. You know, there are so many different things you can do to get your bearings back on track.

Q 15) Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite author or genre.

A) I don't read a lot of books but my preference are non fiction and some fiction.

Q 16) Isn't there anything else you would like to add that I haven't included.

A) Yes. The book Judas and Jezabel, is not a biblical story. The characters were so devious with their behavior, so, it wasn't hard to compare them; They had all the characteristics of evil...

Q 17) How can readers discover more about you and your work ( please provide links )

www.cy-brown.com
www.cybrownauthor.com
www.Facebook.com/CYBROWNAUTHOR

No comments:

Post a Comment