Thursday 30 March 2017

My Interview with Author Lynn Carmer


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I think I’ve always wanted to write romance. It all started in middle school after I found my first Sweet Dreams teen romance novel. I would dream up stories in my mind, which for some reason always involved a beautiful boy, who was temporarily blinded. We would be stranded somewhere and only I could tend to him. And of course, it would include him touching my face to “see” the real me. (Ugh!) Hopefully, my stories are a little more refined since then.

Where do you get your ideas for your book? 

I have a small problem. I’m sort-of, kind-of, completely obsessed with reality TV. There are so many over the top, pop cultural references that I love to pepper into my Contemporary Romance. One line can spark an idea for an entire book.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

 I love to read, but sadly I can’t read as much while I’m writing. I try to change up the genre, so if I’m writing Contemporary, I’ll read Paranormal Romance. I also love to watch television, as referenced above, but I don’t think I’m supposed to admit that out loud. I especially love to spend time with my family. (Watching TV--ssh!)

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 

I have published eight books, and seven of them are currently available for purchase, pretty much everywhere. Why isn’t the eighth book available for purchase, you ask? Well, because it was awful, so no, I will never divulge the title. As for my favorite—gasp!—they’re my babies, I could never play favorites.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

 Go for it! Try. There are a million different ways to publish nowadays, why not give it a shot?

What do you think makes a great story? 

Conflict, conflict, conflict. Torture your characters. Oh, and super-hot heroes and heroines. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you? 

So, so many. In romance my absolute favorites are Nalini Singh, Kresley Cole, Christine Feehan, J.R. Ward, and  Ilyana Knight. Those talented ladies are my one-clicks! 

What are you working on at the moment? 

I am working on the fourth book in my Charm School Series. Four sisters suddenly inherit a failing charm school. Pretty quickly they realize that the school makes its real money, not from classes on etiquette and manners, but from naughty, after -hour classes. Each sister has to find her own guinea pig to help teach the class. Luckily for the reader, these guinea pigs are usually rough-edged fire-fighters or MMA fighters  The series is red-hot and hilarious. 

What genre are your books? 

Currently I am focusing on Contemporary Romance, but I have also written two books under Paranormal Romance. 

What drew you to the genre you write? 

I love the 80’s music and movies. I love romance. I love that first moment when a couple meets and the spark that follows. I love dissecting why people make the crazy choices they do and bringing them to life on the page. And I especially love writing those last words: The End.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? 

For the first book in my Charm School Series my heroine is known for her sassy attitude and amazing ass. So, maybe…Jennifer Lopez, lol! 

Do you write full-time or part-time? 

Full-time.



What is the hardest thing about writing? 

Writing! No joke, sometimes it’s painful staring down at that blank page.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block? 

It sounds boring, but you just have to write through it. If the story isn’t working, then write about your characters, or the scenery. Eventually a spark will lead to a flame.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres? 

I always read in a genre I’m not currently writing in. Reference question seven for my favorite authors.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included? 

I would just like to say thanks for the interest and the questions. I appreciate it 

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work? 

Readers can come find me at LynnCarmer.com. Or they can friend me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/lynn.carmer.5 or on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/lynncarmer/ My books are available in all of the major retailers, Amazon, Nook, iTunes etc. 

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment