Wednesday 8 March 2017

My Interview with Author Carol Delmornay


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I’ve always sort of dabbled, even right back in my school days, but the overwhelming urge to write didn’t take hold until later in life-after my children were grown.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

The just sort of materialize inside my head at any time, whether I’m driving, walking around the shops, in my dreams.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Listening to music---but it has to be loud---reading, walking, swimming.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

At the moment, I’ve written four which are all part of the one series.  It was originally one large novel until my editor convinced me to separate it into four novels. I also have five others that I’m working on…but one at a time.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Don’t think you need some sort of college degree or higher diploma to write a book---I don’t have any of those things.  If you have a vivid imagination you just have to write what comes into your head…and never give up.  If it’s your dream, reach out and grab hold of it with two hands. 

What do you think makes a great story?

Something that is half way believable and will hold a reader’s attention, a story that moves along without becoming stagnant and has some intrigue.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

E L James, Tiffany Reisz, Sylvia Day, Tara Sue Me, Marina Anderson, Beth Kery, Meagan Hart and Abbi Glines.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I am working on one of five stand-alone novels that are incomplete. They all have working titles-the one I’m working on right now is “Reluctant Substitute”, but the title may change once it’s finished.

What genre are your books?

The genre I chose to write is romance and/or erotic romance with some elements of BDSM.

What drew you to the genre you write?

This is a tough question.  Initially, probably like a lot of people, E L James’ 50 Shades Trilogy piqued my curiosity.  Curiosity took over from there.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Hmmm---I would chose my “His Word-Trusted Saga” …I would love Jessica Alba (or Megan Fox) to portray Angelica….maybe Channing Tatum (or Ben Affleck) to portray Levi.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I write full-time…or as much as I possibly can when life gets in the way.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Promoting and marketing by far.  For someone who is usually reserved and shy to put themselves out there and promote and market their books takes a lot.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Ugh…I’ve experienced this a couple of times.  I usually walk away from the laptop for a day or two, or work on little teasers for some distracting and creative fun.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I read---a lot!  I think my poor Kindle is bursting at the seams.  
My favourite genre is erotica and I’ve found some wonderful new writers whom I’ve added to my growing list of favoured authors.  At the top of that list is Lucas X Black, V E Campudoni, Drew Sera, Ashton Blackthorne, Riley Edwards, Chris Genovese and although I haven’t read a full novel yet, I’m including Emily Foxx---her excerpts have me hooked.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

You never know what you can do until you try.  Believe in yourself---it’s an amazing feeling to fulfil a dream.

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

I have an Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/caroldelmornay

Or on Goodreads profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16225041.Carol_Delmornay

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment