Sunday 19 March 2017

My Interview with Author Jon David



When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I always knew that I wanted to create, whether it be in movies, TV or any other kind of medium. Comics were really interesting to me and getting really creative, daring and mature but sadly my drawings weren’t really good enough and it’s almost impossible to do both write and draw. Novels and short stories seemed to be the best way to express my ideas.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

The most vague question to ever ask a writer. I feel that only a certain writer could create something the way it came out. Paul Stanley of KISS said in an interview that “I am the product of all that came before me.” Whether we know it or not, we are influenced by EVERYTHING around us both in pop culture and life. As for me, I was influenced not by what I was NOT seeing. If I saw something in our media, I would purposely do something different. I can still honestly say that Morgalla is the only hero with horns.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I like to draw and lift and take my dachshund Willow to the mall.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Technically five, three published. Two more will be published later this year. My favorite was my third book “War of the Dark One”. It’s my Return of the Jedi, the final battle between good vs. evil. It was all building up to the finale. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Be careful. I know it’s vague but I could write a book giving hard advice to young writers.

What do you think makes a great story?

It’s never one thing that makes it good or bad. A truly good story is a combination of many elements that come together. Interesting characters, interesting plot, good dialog, etc.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

The writers and creative staff of Warner Bros. Animation, Tolkein and Rowling.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

The Morgalla prequel.

What genre are your books?

Modern-day science fiction fantasy.

What drew you to the genre you write?

I like the idea of a doorway being opened from our world into another.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Morgalla should be animated. Though to find an actress who is short and incredibly athletic.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Part-time.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Rejection.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

As with all things, you must let it take its course.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

In recent years it’s all been about writing and not reading. Mostly I’ve read the popular books like Hunger Games and Potter, learning what works and what doesn’t. I’ve always been more into comics and visual media like movies and TV.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

http://www.facebook.com/Morgalla

http://www.Morgalla.net


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

Thanks for letting take part!

No comments:

Post a Comment