Sunday 12 March 2017

My Interview with Michelle Connor


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
 When I was younger, I was always writing poetry, songs and shortstories, but as I became the mother of three children the amount of time I had spare dropped dramatically. Soon it was only when something really touched my heart or special occasions like anniversaries I would write a poem. Love of words never went away, I wasjust waiting for my time.

 Where do you get your ideas for your book?

 They come to me like a wisp of an idea, but for my debut book, the idea wouldn't let me rest until I had sat and written the first draft. The first draft didn't include all the action and dialogue, but the emotions flitted across the page. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing? I go on long drives with my family around the countryside, getting lost is half the fun. Photography and painting also hold a dear place in my heart and of course I am never far from a book or my kindle.

 How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

 My debut Novella The Bound - Hers To Save Part One, is my first to be published, but I have several other books at various stages that have been on the back burner while edited and re-edited the book for release. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing? Get words onto the page, it doesn't matter if it's not perfect in your first draft, then go over and over again, until finally it is what it is meant to be. I lost three thousand words during my edits, taking out wordsthat were not needed or sometimes full sentences.

 What do you think makes a great story?

 Now here most will give you a list, but I will give you one word, emotion. Which Writer/Authors inspire you? There are too many to name, so I will cut it down to just one, Joel Shepherd.

 What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

 I am mainly working on Hers To Save Part Two, but also The Odd Fae out. I say mainly because I have a few more in the works, but they are staying in the background until I have the time to dedicate to them the time they deserve.

 What genre are your books?

 Fantasy mainly, but I do have a couple of books on the back burner at the moment in different genres.

 What drew you to the genre you write?
 The different worldsthat you can find and create, you can make your own rules.

 Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

 When my daughter finally read my book, she saw a very specific actor in her mind, she even asked me this question. But like my daughter who found her own way, I will let my readers do the same.

 Do you write full-time or part-time?

 Part-time.

 What is the hardest thing about writing?

 Going over your words again and again, having a break and doing the same. Oh, and the constant headaches.

 Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

 I have not had this yet, touch wood. I always know what I want to say, it may just take me a while playing with the wordsto get them right.

 Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

 I read constantly, in bed, when out driving (I should say being driven around by my husband), in the bath and whenever I can get the chance. Fantasy/ scifi is my favourite genre, but I do often venture out to other genre's. I will only give a couple of my favourite authors as the list is intensive, Rachel Vincent, Faith Hunter, and Maria V. Snyder.

 Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

 Happy reading, may the words on a white backdrop,

 take you to lands far away. How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

 https://www.facebook.com/Authormichelleconnor/ http://michelleconnorauthor.co.uk/ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34454815-the-bound https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michelle-Connor/e/B06XFHSJ2W/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1489337304&sr=8-1

 Thank you for having me

No comments:

Post a Comment