Sunday 12 March 2017

My Interview with Author Lisette Kristensen


When did you first realize, you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I've always wanted to write but struggled my whole life with the English language. Because of that I avoided writing till about 2005.  One day, I was shooting my mouth off about a writer. I said I could do better, and my friend said "prove it."  That is what started my writing. 

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

I like to look at situations either from TV, Movies or the news and ask myself "what if".  Thinking of ways to change it around.  For example, I was watching the Harry Potter movies recently and asked, "What If" Harry was really the bastard child of the dark lord?  I twist the plots around to see if a story might be plausible. 


What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Camping in the summer. Winter here in the Canadian Rockies are too cold to do anything but write.  Also, cooking and binge watching TV or Movie series.  

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Four books. I would say the last one, Façade's Salvation was my favorite.    

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

First, what is your goal?  Then have a plan.  Know all the marketing techniques available to you. Learn the pitfalls. Example, if you write erotica, advertising with FB and Amazon will be closed off.  Which platform works best.  Day one, start building your mailing list

What do you think makes a great story?

For me it is the heroines battle with her internal flaws. Overcoming them through various means that confront her. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

There are several but the one that sticks out is Stacia Kane. She writes urban dark fantasy.

What are you working on at the moment? 

I am launching a new series. Sin's Fatal Desire.  It will be a romantic crime thriller series. The heroine's will be flawed police officers/detectives that are trying to save their careers, deal with brutally handsome men as they struggle with love, crime and trying to save themselves.

What genre are your books?

The Dark Desire Series is erotic romance thriller.  Sin's Fatal Desire will be romantic crime thriller

What drew you to the genre you write?

Pulp fiction books.  They are short action packed books with a tempo I enjoy.  So with Sin's Fatal Desire, I am using some of those techniques in a more traditional way.  

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? (any book you like)

I see my heroines being Michelle Rodriquez.   Bad ass attitude but the ability to be loving and soft. 

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Full time.  

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Remembering it is a business first. Being organized with marketing. Writing is the easy part.    

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I am a serious outliner.  That makes it easy for me.  The issues I face is distractions like FaceBook pulling away from my process.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I don't read as much as I want too.  I read Historical Romance, big fan of Jess Michaels.  Stacia Kane of course.  I will read almost anything in the romance crime genre.


Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

I am often asked, what genre is off limits for me.  The answer is M/M which is hot right now but can't get my head around. 

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work? (please provide proper links)

All the Dark Desire books and the box set are on Amazon and KU. The complete list is on my webpage under Dark Desire Series. 

Web page https://sinsfataldesire.wordpress.com/
Amazon Page: amazon.com/author/lisettekristensen
Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/facade1250/
Twitter @ev1250
FaceBook page:  https://www.facebook.com/Sinsfataldesire

No comments:

Post a Comment