Thursday 9 March 2017

My Interview with Author Lucy Felthouse


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
Ever since I was a small child, I wanted to be an author. It was only when I got older (and questionably wiser) that I realised it wasn’t just a case of sitting down and writing a book and having people throw money at you. So it took a back burner. But now it’s my good fortune for my writing to be making up a small portion of my total income. I hope to increase it as time goes on.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?
Anywhere and everywhere. It can be a person, an overheard conversation, a place, a film, a book... ideas just appear from seemingly nowhere. The trick is to turn those ideas into actual stories.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
Reading, watching TV and films, spending time with my other half and my dog out in the countryside, walking and exploring cool places. I also enjoy travelling.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Including short stories and novellas, it’s over the 150 mark. I haven’t counted for a while, so I probably need to recount and figure out my latest number.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Read lots in your chosen genre, learn to edit yourself, and never give up.

What do you think makes a great story?
Something that pulls you in and doesn’t let go.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
There are literally too many to mention.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
I’m currently working on a superhero story which is turning out to be a little crazy, but fun. I don’t want to say too much about it as I’m not entirely sure where it’s going yet, but it’s for one of my publishers, so hopefully they’ll like the finished story and accept it for publication. Fingers crossed.

What genre are your books?
Erotica, erotic romance and contemporary romance.

What drew you to the genre you write?
A dare! I had never thought about it before, until someone dared me to have a go at writing an erotic story. I found I enjoyed it, and had an aptitude for it, so I just kept writing and have never looked back!

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
I don’t always tend to “cast” my characters when I’m writing short stories or novellas, so I can’t really say. But I have written an M/M story lately where I had Chris Wood and Joe Manganiello as the two leads. It was hot!

Do you write full-time or part-time?
Part-time—as and when I can around my paid work. Unfortunately, guaranteed money has to come first so I can eat and pay the bills!

What is the hardest thing about writing?
Ignoring distractions.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
I don’t really get it any more. My writing time can be so limited that I can’t afford to waste time. But I often have more than one work in progress, so if I’m really struggling to move forward on one, I can always switch to the other and see if that loosens things up.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I read lots, and very widely. Anything from the genre I write in, through to autobiographies, spy thrillers, crime novels, and so on. The only stuff I don’t really read is full-on horror, because I’m a wimp, sport-related books and sci-fi.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Not really—these are pretty comprehensive questions!

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)
Website: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cw1985
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lucyfelthousewriter
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/cw1985
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cw1985
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9 
Amazon: http://author.to/lucyfelthouse 
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/lucy-felthouse 

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment