Sunday 12 March 2017

My Interview with Author Karina Kantas




When did you first realize, you wanted to become a Writer/author?

After high school. But I wasn’t published until I moved to Greece

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Dream, mostly, then films, books, life.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I help other author with their marketing and promoting. I love designing and I sing.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

8 number nine is coming out this year. My romantic fantasy, Illusional Reality, has become an overwhelming success, but the vigilante thriller, Lawless Justice will always hold that special place. Ice, the main character, is my alter-ego. The person who I wanted to be, needed to be, but would never be.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Don’t give up your dream.

What do you think makes a great story?

Great relatable characters. It doesn’t matter if the character is evil or bad, as long as he’s realistic and relatable.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

I love hearing about the success of an indie author that I know.  S.E.Hinton inspired me to become a writer. Stephen King’s book on writing continued to be an inspiration.

What are you working on now?

I’m working on Illusional Reality, the Quest.  The sequel to Illusional Reality.

What genre are your books?

I am a prolific writer and cover most fiction genres.

OUTLAW MC thriller series (motorcycle club novels)
In Times of Violence/ NA MC thriller
Huntress/   MC thriller/romance 18+ due to triggers
Lawless Justice/  MC vigilante thriller 18+ due to triggers
Road Rage/ MC thriller 18+ due to triggers

Heads & Tales / flash prose and short fiction of all genres
UNDRESSED/ flash fiction, poetry, prose and writing exercises. 

Stone Cold/ YA supernatural thriller
Illusional Reality/ YA-NA- romantic fantasy

What drew you to the genre you write?

With my first book I wanted to stick with what I knew and so it’s very biographical. I am a biker, I used to sing in a rock band. I know the lifestyle I have a passion for it and so that’s why I wrote MC thrillers.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book.
I imagined Cameron Diaz playing Thya, but she’s too old now.


Do you write full-time or part-time?

My writing comes second to KKantas Author Assist, author services for new and experienced indie authors. I am full time with this.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

When it comes to writing, it has to be the synopsis for the agents and publishers and the book blurb. For an indie author, the hardest thing is having to be on top of your marketing and promoting, multitasking and making sure to cover all SMP.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Ask readers to give you three random words, When you have a good list. write them down number them then ask someone to pick three numbers. Those words are what you will need to use in your story. It doesn’t matter the length, as long as it’s a completed story. When you read UNDRESSED you’ll see many of my flashes came form these practices. 

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I’m so busy, I don’t read as much as I would like. My favorite genres are PNR and fantasy. My favourite indie author to date is, Carrisa Lynch, author of Have You Seen That Girl, book one of the Flocksdale series. She’s such a great thriller author.

https://www.facebook.com/ExplosiveWrite
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjOMQORvQpEzLbC4u_RQO1e3j64KGNFAc
https://www.amazon.com/Karina-Kantas/e/B0034P98EW
https://twitter.com/KarinaKantas
https://urbanhype101.wordpress.com/
https://gr.pinterest.com/karinakantas/
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAssistRadio/

No comments:

Post a Comment