Sunday 12 March 2017

My Interview with Author Simone Leigh


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I was eight years old. I grew up with books and my mum taught me to read before I got to school. English was my favourite lesson. Being a writer seemed to be the most natural thing in the world.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Oh, everywhere. Usually when I am walking my dogs, they pop up in my head from no-where, but otherwise; a line in a book, a joke on TV, something my partner says…. anything.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I live in Spain where I am renovating an old Spanish finca (farmhouse) with orange and lemon orchards. It’s gorgeous but wild. My dogs love it and so do I. 

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

So far, I have about thirty stories published. My favourite has to be the ‘Buying the Virgin’ series. It started out, intended to be, a short five-episode series about ‘Charlotte the Virgin’ who sold herself to raise funds for college. Since then, it’s taken on a life of its own, and I keep being asked for ‘more Charlotte stories’, so I’ll keep writing them.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Just get down and do it. Don’t prevaricate. Don’t make excuses. Just do it. Every day, find some time and write.

What do you think makes a great story?

It’s got to be the characters. I write mainly erotica, but it’s more than just banging a lot of hot scenes together. Readers have to empathise with the characters to really get the best from the story.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

I read Nancy Friday’s ‘Forbidden Flowers’ years ago – all about women’s sexual fantasy at a time when the common knowledge was that women don’t like sex and certainly don’t fantasise. The book blew that idea right out of the water

What are you working on at the moment? (optional)

Right now, I have some ‘more Charlotte stories’ coming lol! But also I am working on a series of erotic re-tellings of old fairy tales. The first one was just released a week or so back – ‘Red as Blood’ – a re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood. https://books2read.com/red-as-blood

What genre are your books? 

Erotica, over a range of sub-genres; romantic, thriller, suspense, fantasy…

What drew you to the genre you write?

Erotica and erotic fantasy is such a basic need and wish in people. Centering around that gives me the range to cover almost everything else.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? (any book you like)

I’d have to pick ‘Red as Blood’ as being the best subject for a movie. As to who would play ‘Belle’, I love to see Jenna Coleman in the part.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Full time.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Fitting the rest of my life in around it…..

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Never sit down in front of your keyboard without knowing what you are going to write. Ideas first, writing second.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I read a lot and widely; Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, Asimov and the other old style ‘Hard Sci fi’ writers.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

If this interview is for the benefit of authors, you can point them to our very successful promotion groups on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1550485594980777/
And (just launched)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/InstafreebieRomance/

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work? (please provide proper links)
www.coffeebreakerotica.co.uk
https://www.amazon.com/Simone-Leigh/e/B01IRD8EUO/

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment