Sunday 19 March 2017

My Interview with Author K S Marshall


  1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I’ve always had a vivid imagination and would play and act out storylines with my little sister or by myself. At some point, it just became second nature to write it down. My teachers in elementary school really helped nurture my love of writing stories. At age 13, I decided I would write and publish a novel by the time I was 21. It seemed like a lofty goal that would take forever, at the time.

  1. Where do you get your ideas for your book?
Life. Movies. Other books. I love thinking about different characters and how they would handle everyday life situations.

  1. What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
Reading. Eating. Working out. Watching crappy tv. Being silly and spending time with my little family. I’m pretty boring.

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I have one completed novel that I published in February. I’ve started several over the last two decades though. My favorite, at the moment, is the one I’m working on now. The initial plot has been with me since I decided to write.

  1. Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Keep reading and just write. Don’t overthink it. 

  1. What do you think makes a great story?
Character development. I think having a good plot is awesome too, but if your characters are fully developed and relatable, they can be doing the most mundane things and it’s still a good read because the reader is able to align themselves with the characters.


  1. Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
I’m inspired by so many different authors and for different reasons. For example, Audrey Carlan was essential in me taking a leap of faith and pursuing writing as a career change over just a hobby. R.K. Lilley inspired me to pursue the darker side of romance. Shanora Williams inspired me to explore non-HEA (happily ever after) plots. Sylvia Day made me rethink my hesitancy to write more sex scenes. I could go on and on. 

  1. What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
Part one of my Lost & Found Duet. :)

  1. What genre are your books?
Erotic Romance

  1. What drew you to the genre you write?
My mother was an avid romance reader, so it was natural for me to explore the genre out of curiosity. I found that contemporary romances were more my style, and as I read more and expanded in the genre, I found that I enjoyed erotic romance novels more than anything.

  1. Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
Model Ashley Turner was my initial muse for Danielle from The Incidental Affair, but I happened across Tatiana Mariesa and she was INSTANTLY my Danielle. I even reached out and came to find out we’re from the same area and have a few mutual friends. Even Drew, Danielle’s love interest, could be played by Tatiana’s husband, Jordan Mosley 

  1. Do you write full-time or part-time?
Part-time. For now. 

  1. What is the hardest thing about writing?
Just getting it out on the page sometimes. Life is hectic and I’m a huge on getting it “right” the first time. I have to physically stop myself from editing what I’ve written before while I’m still working on the first draft. Also, I work full time and have two kids and two animals and we take family TaeKwonDo lessons five days per week….so just fitting in the time to write has to be intentional. Juggling it all is hectic, but I love that writing isn’t a chore, and even though I’m working on deadlines and whatnot, I’m still having fun doing it.

  1. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
I’m still figuring it out myself, but I find that reading more books helps. As I’m reading more work that I admire, or exploring others that I’m not familiar with, I start thinking about different subplots to include in my current books or future books. And if that doesn’t work, I do what I was taught to do in school when taking a test…skip to the next chapter and come back later! 

15.Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I read all the time! Like I said earlier, I’m all about romance. Right now,I’m reading a lot by Sylvia Day, RK Lilley, Shanora Williams, BB Reid, E.L. Todd, Jana Aston, and Audrey Carlan.

  1. Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
I love tacos! ;)

  1. How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)
Website/Blogwww.ksmarshall.com

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview

No comments:

Post a Comment