Wednesday 22 March 2017

My Interview with Author Megs Pritchard


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I started writing around three years ago and I wasn’t that serious. I just wanted to do it. There was never that thought of publishing until later.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Everywhere! You could hear part of a conversation and have an idea. Watch a TV show/film and have an idea. There are so many places that could trigger an idea.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

As a single parent to two young boys we have lots of adventures together! They keep me on my toes. I like reading and being out around nature. I also enjoy cooking.

How many books have you written? 

I’ve written ten, but only four have been published. I have plans to release four this year and four/five next year.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Try, try and try again. Never give up and never let anyone tear you down.

What do you think makes a great story?

That’s a tough one. I read so many genres so sometimes a HEA isn’t the main goal. I like a story where the MC has to fight for what they believe in, whether that’s an internal or external battle. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

There are far too many to mention! I could name at least fifteen of the top of my head. Romance, crime, horror, YA, thriller  - so many.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I’ve just finished straight romance that’s future world and paranormal. I’m writing a gay romance before I’ll go back and edit the straight romance. I need a break between writing and editing so I can look at it with fresh eyes.
I’m also planning a horror one!

What genre are your books?

Romance - gay and straight.

What drew you to the genre you write?

Love. It’s doesn’t matter to me who loves who but that there is love.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Chris Hemsworth for any character! As long as I was on set to watch!

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I’m part-time at the moment.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding the time. Once I have the time to do it, I’m good to go.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Mind maps and brainstorming usually helps me. Also listening to music.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I love horror, crime, thriller

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Great questions already.

How can readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

Website:  http://www.megspritchardauthor.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/megspritchardauthor/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/megspritchardauthor/?hl=en
Twitter: https://twitter.com/megspritchard1
Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/megspritchard
Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/megspritchard1/

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment