Friday 10 March 2017

My Interview with Author Clair De Lune


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I never really intended to become a writer. After I retired I got bored with the domestic routine and my youngest son suggested I write a book. He suggested a detective story, but when I started to write what came to me was a BDSM erotic novel. Not quite what he expected. 

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

I get them from many places. It could be a news story I’ve heard, or a place I’ve visited. For instance The Cairngorm Dragons series came to me while on holiday, taking photos of Loch Ness. I wrote the first book, and the plot line for the second while on holiday.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I like to read, Sci Fi and detective stories. I enjoy Scandinavian series on TV. 
I embroider and do appliqué when I have the time. I love to cook and I make almost everything from scratch. There’s nothing I like better than all the family around the table for a good meal.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have written 30 books, as Clair de Liune and 1 as Flora McGregor. I suppose my favourite is the one that started it all, “Initiation.” I have a soft spot for the Angel in Hell books. I spent a long time thinking about and developing gthe background, as I did for “In the Beginning,” writing as Flora.
Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Persevere and edit as many times as you can.

What do you think makes a great story?

Interesting characters who develop during the story and a plot that keeps readers turning the age.
Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
Jane Austen has always been my favourite writer. I love her humour and closely observed women characters as well as her picture of Regency society. I’s a period of English history that has always fascinated me.

What are you working on at the moment?

I have several works in progress. One is book four of the Red series for Vinvatar publishing. Book 3, “Red is for Denial” is to be released on March 24th. 
What genre are your books?
I write erotic romance. I usually write M/F, but I have written M/M and ménage. 
What drew you to the genre you write?
I used to read M/F but gradually came to like M/M and ménage, so I suppose it was logical to write all three genres. When I am thinking of a new story, the characters dictate what genre it will be written in.

11.Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?

The one that always springs to mind when I am asked this question, won’t surpeise my readers. It’s Sean Connery as Master Angus. As he’s the main character in four books and makes an appearance in many more, he’s obviously the one to choose. 


     12.Do you write full-time or part-time?

       Part-time. I am retired and have family commitments, so the time I can give to writing is limited.

   13.What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding time to do it and then the promo that has to be done afterwards. 

  14.Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I usually have several works in progress and if one stalls I will go to one of the others. That usually does the trick.

15.Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I listen to talking books more than anything as I can do that whilst doing chores. I prefer Sci-Fi or a good detective story. I like Asimov. Sir Arthur C  Clarke, Frank Herbert, Anne McCaffrey and A.E. Van Vogt. I also like Dorothy L Sayers, Peter Robinson, Ian Rankin and Ellis Peters to name but a few. With audio books the reader is extremely important and I have several favourites. 
16.Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
I have a release on March 24th with Vinvatar and Siren have three collected works series out now.

17.How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide
proper links)

www.clairdelune.co.uk
1. http://www.bookstrand.com/clair-de-lune

2. http://www.amazon.com/Clair-de-Lune/e/B009EWZF6Y
3. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clair-de-Lune/e/B009EWZF6Y
4.http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/clair-de-lune
5.http://store.kobobooks.com/en-gb/Search?Query=Clair+de+lune
6. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=clair%20lune&c=books&hl=enfor 
The Red is for…. Series, as well as Amazon they are for sale on Vinvatar.com
Thank you so much for hosting me. 

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take
part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment