Wednesday 8 March 2017

My Interview with Author DD Sparxx


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
I’ve always loved to read, so the progression to writing seemed like the next logical step. I kicked the idea around for a few years before I made the dream a reality. 

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

From real life experiences and from my imagination 

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I love to read! I am also an artist, so I love to paint and draw. Traveling the world is also on my likes list. My absolute favorite thing to do is lounge on the beach with a book in my hand and listen to music. Music and movies are also high on my list of things to do when I am not writing. 

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I am in the process of releasing my debut novel, so I’d have to say this one, Crash Into Me is my favorite so far. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Go for it! Don’t be afraid to follow your dreams, and if you have questions reach out to other authors you admire. 

What do you think makes a great story?

A little bit of everything, but mostly the stories I like best are the ones that make you feel, whether it’s happy or sad doesn’t matter, just so long as you feel something. 

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

Most recently I’d have to say Willow Winters and Mickey Miller.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

Getting everything ready to hit the publish button. 

What genre are your books?

Erotic Romance

What drew you to the genre you write?

Have always loved romance books and the angst of falling in love. 

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Oh, jeez, that’s a hard one. I have no idea!

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Part-time right now, but would love for it to be full-time. 

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding the time and not getting distracted by life,

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I haven’t experienced it yet, so unfortunately no words of wisdom to share there.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I love to read and I read at least a handful of books each month. Romance, mystery, comedy, some non-fiction, depends on what mood I’m in.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

I’m also a licensed Realtor, Aesthetician, Independent Team Beachbody Coach and Property Manager. 

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1718578064835056/
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorDDSparxx/
www.ddsparxx.com
https://twitter.com/DDSparxx
https://www.instagram.com/author_ddsparxx/


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment