Tuesday 21 March 2017

My Interview with Author J.F. Silver



When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
        
      In high school, I loved writing and always wanted to. I started a few things over the years but never followed up. It wasn’t until I turned 50 over a decade ago that I began writing seriously.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?
       
      I’m very lucky to have a real life muse who helps me with ideas. I began writing our stories for my wife and she immediately started suggesting fantasies and plotlines to explore. She also came up with the name of our series. We discuss everything before it gets written.                  

 What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

      I love music and have played the drums for many years. I also enjoy movies, especially sci-fi and the James Bond series. We moved to Colorado last year so I really enjoy exploring this beautiful place. 

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

                   I’ve written five books with a sixth on the way. They’re all part of our Mr. and Mrs. Average Joe series. The books are almost like children. A lot goes into each one before sending them out into the world so it’s impossible to pick a favorite. Each has its own purpose and charm and they fit together nicely.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

         I would suggest that they follow their heart and tell their story. You have to just start, write it down. I also recommend having someone you trust read it and, this is important, don’t let bad reviews or criticism stop you. Learn from it and work to improve. There’s a lot of help available in this wonderful book world and don’t be afraid to ask. 

What do you think makes a great story?
                                
                              For me, a good story should have strong characters and a plot interesting enough to keep me reading. I think this applies to any genre of fiction.
Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
                 
                     I don’t know if any actually inspire my stories but my favorite authors are Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. and Christopher Moore. Both have an irreverent and entertaining take on life and, death. 

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
                    
                   I’m currently writing the sixth book in the Mr. and Mrs. Average Joe series. It’s called, “Elaine’s Island” and finds our characters in a remote location in the Caribbean for their usual fun, shenanigans. 

What genre are your books?
          
                 What began as a “swinger” story has turned into much, much more. We like to call it, “couples erotica.” Basically, it’s an open relationship/multiple partner fantasy that includes: three-ways, group sex, bisexuality, interracial, multi-cultural, exhibitionism/voyeurism, some BDSM and spanking, oodles of oral delights and a chest full of toys. The stories really encourage people to share their fantasies. We always try to make them fun and even educational. When it comes to sex, these characters like to push the limits and never say never. The appropriately titled, NEW TEMPTATIONS introduces several entirely new fantasies.

What drew you to the genre you write?

    I owe much of this to my real life muse. My first erotic story was written as a birthday gift for my wife. It was a threesome fantasy and she loved it, immediately suggesting I write one that had the main characters meeting another couple. From there, the story just took off and she remains a huge influence on its direction.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

We’ve actually been asked this a few times and have decided that Viggo Mortensen and Michelle Pfeiffer would be excellent as our lead characters, Joe and Elaine. Mature but still sexy.


Do you write full-time or part-time?
                        
                  I’ve always written part-time. I think it’s every author’s dream to do it full-time and someday, I will. We moved to beautiful Colorado last year and a new job demands much of my time but I’ll always find time to write. 

What is the hardest thing about writing?

                               See Question 12 above: finding time to write is my own toughest obstacle right now. From a writing standpoint, my stories have become known for their imaginative sex fantasies. We’ve used holidays, lavish vacations, outdoors, and it’s getting harder to come up with new scenarios. We certainly don’t want them to become stale or repetitive and with characters in their fifties, they have to remain realistic and age appropriate. But, it’s a very fun challenge writing sex scenes for these couples and I love it. 

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
     
This is a tough one and I can only speak for what I’ve done. Sometimes, you just need to step away for a while. An hour, a day, a week, that I can’t say but I’ve been away from writing a story each of those intervals and come back to it. Sounds simple, I know. Okay, I also live in Colorado where I have access to certain substances legally and a little cannabis has been known to inspire me. I’m just speaking for myself here. Writer’s block is a tough one. 

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I don’t read nearly enough. My wife is a voracious reader and always has a book in progress. She loves epic series like Outlander. I mentioned some favorite authors above but we’ll switch genres here. My wife and I love reading erotica together, exactly the way our stories should be shared. Erotic authors we love are Mia Moore, who writes hot, swinger stories and Selena Kitt. Her “Baumgartners” series is crazy hot! Both of these ladies also write stories about adventurous couples. Ours are just a little older.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Yes, I would encourage couples to read together. Our stories were created by my wife and me sharing our fantasies. They encourage people to try new things but most importantly, to communicate their desires. 

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

J.F. Silver / Mr. and Mrs. Average Joe links
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jf.silver.98 
                   https://www.facebook.com/sexypastfifty/ 
Twitter: @jf_silver 
Website: https://mrandmrsaveragejoe2015.wordpress.com/ 
Amazon: http://author.to/JFSilver
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1JBG0YZ 
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1TlNFAd
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/22tkrFT 
RP Edge: http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/959.html 


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment