Tuesday 7 March 2017

My Interview with Author Harper L. Jameson


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?
When I was 10 or 11. I had a teacher who encouraged my creative writing, but it wasn’t until I got into online role play that I began to seriously consider a writing career.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?
I like playing with old myths and legends, different religious pantheons and even sometimes my own dreams.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?
Running, reading, whiskey tastings and schooling my children on pre-Xbox video games.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
2 so far and my favorite is actually the second. I love one of the characters senses of humor and I’m thrilled to say he’s getting his own book…soon.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?
Don’t write for anyone but yourself. If you love your story, others will, too. And if they don’t, that’s no reflection on your work. Just don’t stop.

What do you think makes a great story? The ability to pull the reader into the world and let them immerse themselves in the story.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?
Anne Rice, H.P. Lovecraft, Beatrice Small… I’m old school.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)
I’m currently writing two short stories for two separate anthologies both publishing this October, as well as books two and three of my Tribe Novels series. I live for stress.

What genre are your books?
I write paranormal romance, though I have plans to dabble in contemporary and horror.

What drew you to the genre you write?
I’ve always been in love with the darker creatures, and tended to sympathize with them rather than being scared of them. It was a natural step for me to write them as romantic interests. 

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)
Oh, that’s hard. Hmmm. Maybe Kate Beckinsale for Jessica Attwood?

Do you write full-time or part-time?
Part time. I’m a full time mother of two very active kids.

What is the hardest thing about writing?
Not letting myself get distracted. I have a bad case of Attention Deficit DID SOMEONE SAY CARTOONS?

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?
Just keep writing. Even if it’s crap, keep putting words on paper and eventually you’ll start feeling it again.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?
I read a lot. Right now I’m ready Sherrilyn Kenyon, Larissa Ione and Jeanine Frost. But I also read other indie authors… David Michael, Sadie Gruber and Valerie Twombley come to mind.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Only that I appreciate the opportunity to interview with you!

How can Readers discover more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)
www.harperjameson.com
facebook.com/HLJameson
facebook.com/groups/harpersholler
twitter.com/HarperJameson
Instagram.com/HarperLJameson
goodreads.com/HLJameson
amazon.com/Harper-Jameson/e/B01B3SJ0EE



Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment