Tuesday 7 March 2017

My Interview with Author Emily Jane Trent


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

About 4 years ago, I read the Twilight Series and then the Fifty Shades Series. I was inspired to write a unique story of my own with similar elements.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Ideas come from all over and sometimes start small. For one series I just had a title “Brazillionaire” which I didn’t use. But it gave me the idea of a romance in Brazil which became Adam & Ella.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

I love to read as much as I love to write. I watch movies, wine taste, and do Pilates.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written 59 books, and I can never pick a favorite. When I write I get to know my characters and fall in love with them. Each seems like a real person and I don’t forget them.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

It’s best to write and not critique, until you have it down on paper. Just write the story you want to tell.

What do you think makes a great story?

Characters make the story for me. If I connect with the character then it falls into place. The plot matters but is secondary.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

There are so many amazing authors, depending on what genre you read. Right now I’m impressed with Bella Forrest who writes fantasy, even though I don’t write in her genre. And also Mary Balogh who writes Regency Romance.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

I am writing Lethal Peril, the military romantic suspense that is book 2 of the Stealth Security series.

What genre are your books?

My early books were steamy romance, then romantic suspense. My current series is military romantic suspense.

What drew you to the genre you write?

I find suspense intriguing to read and amazing to write. The military heroes are so honorable and alpha; I love them.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Cold Peril was my most recent book, and the hero was an ex-Navy SEAL. I’d like to see Christopher Kellan Lutz play him.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I’ve been full time for the past 4 years.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

The joy is the story and characters, but writing is work. It is something I work at daily, and I don’t expect it to be easy. But it is rewarding.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

I suggest this: Just start writing whatever comes to mind. Remember that no one will read it until you publish, so you don’t have to worry. If you are being critical of what you are putting on the page, the creative flow will stop. Keep all editing as a separate activity and when you are creative, just let the words pour out. 

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I read a lot and I’m always finding new authors. I read a lot of romantic suspense, fantasy, steamy romance, Regency romance and cowboy romance and even legal thrillers and more. Right now I’m reading Misty Evans, Katie Reus, and Susan Stoker.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Writing is a pleasure. There is nothing like stepping into a fictional world, whether as a reader or a writer.

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

All of my books are displayed at my website: www.EmilyJaneTrent.com

My social media links are also at my website. I love hearing from readers and you can always try one of my free books to see if you like my writing style: http://www.emilyjanetrent.com/free-books/


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment