Tuesday 7 March 2017

My Interview with Author J P Stephenson


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

I guess, I always knew. I just never thought I could. Then once my girls were older and I had a young son, I figured life is just to short to not try things that make us happy. So, here I am. Writing. With a smile on my face. Hopefully putting a smile on other faces too.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

Everywhere, anywhere. To be honest I couldn't tell you. Usually a character pops up and tells me to write them a story. I have so many starts and middles jotted down.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

Reading! It’s a huge love. I also, of course love time with my family. We are lucky to live in the countryside so I enjoy walks across the fields and woodlands. Yes, this is inspiring.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Only the one – so far. I am currently writing the sequel. I have a short out in an anthology too. 

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

Do it!!! Don't even think about it just get going. It is daunting though I am incredibly lucky to have been given advice from an author. Who is now a great friend.

What do you think makes a great story?

Characters. When reading, it’s the character I wish to know about. I need to fall for the character, to believe them. A great story will always make you wish, that the book will never end.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

So many...
When I was a young girl, my mum read The Faraway Tree series. Enid Blyton took me away from reality. I fell for fantasy right then, without knowing it. Since then, I would say every author I have ever read has inspired me on some level.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

The sequel to Just one Night. I am loving being back with Kate and Dale. 

What genre are your books?

Erotica, fantasy and real life.

What drew you to the genre you write?

Its what I like to read.

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

Wow hard question. I honestly don’t know.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

Part time. I am a mum and wife first.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding time. It's true. I am terrible at finding spare time. Oh and self promoting.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

Nope. I hear people, say 'just write'. That doesn't work for me. I let my characters have a break. While I write something else. I come back to them when they call.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

I read varied genres. I love, J R Wards, Black Dagger Brotherhood series. - Fantasy. Those brothers are HOT! I also really enjoy Patricia Cornwells, Scarpetta series. - Crime

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide fproper links)

I am found on Facebook, Goodreads and Twitter. 
https://www.facebook.com/jo.stephenson.311
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15448195.J_P_Stephenson
https://twitter.com/JP_Stephenson


Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment