Tuesday 7 March 2017

My Interview with Author Kimberly K Fox


When did you first realize you wanted to become a Writer/author?

 At the age of ten, I submitted an article to HIGHLITES Magazine for children. They encouraged me to keep writing.

Where do you get your ideas for your book?

 All of my ideas come from my imagination. There is no person or story that inspires them, it is entirely a story I have envisioned. Like most authors, I have a vivid imagination.

What kind of things do you enjoy when not writing?

 I LOVE music, I can listen for hours. I also enjoy reading (when I’m not writing), traveling, and spending time with my family.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I  have now written five novels. My favorite is my third novel TO BE A STAR. It was inspired by my son.

Do you have any suggestions to help others who have a passion for writing?

 Yes, keep writing! Get your ideas and stories down on paper. Follow your passion, wherever it takes you. There are certain “rules” when it comes to writing. Ignore them all. Your voice is what sets you apart from other authors.

What do you think makes a great story?

 Great well developed characters that a reader will care about. A fast moving, engaging plot.

Which Writer/Authors inspire you?

 Nora Roberts, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark.

What are you working on at the moment?(optional)

 My fifth novel has just been completed. It is the first book in my new series.

What genre are your books?

 My books are fictional, but deal with all different genres. There is an element of romance in each one.

What drew you to the genre you write?

 I used to read the genres I write about. One day, I decided to write about them. 

Which Actor/Actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book?(any book you like)

 I will choose my third novel : TO BE A STAR. The hero is blond with long hair. I would choose Chris Hemsworth to play Taylor.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

 I try to write full time, but life interferes sometimes.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

 The marketing and promotional aspects of writing. Writing is the fun part, having to get out and sell and promote your books, not so much. It is necessary to sell your novel, however.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded Writer’s block?

 Just keep writing. Try to get anything down on paper, even if it is just a small chapter. After that, the juices should kick in and flow. If you have developed strong characters, this should happen.

Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors or genres?

 I read all of the time when I’m not writing. I love a good mystery or thriller novel. Favorite authors are: Stephen King, Dean Koontz, JD Robb’s In Death series, Mary Higgins Clark.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

 Be true to yourself and your passion. Write with your own voice and create your own storylines. Writing is a creative process. Be creative!

How can Readers discovery more about you and your work?(please provide proper links)

 I can be reached with my author’s bio at my website: kkfox.net.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment