Saturday 4 March 2017

My Interview with Author JL Moore



1.       When did you first realize, you wanted to become a Writer/author? The feelings were always there, as I have always loved the written word, and self-expression. As a child, I loved to write poems.

2.       Where do you get the ideas for your books? That is the million-dollar question, and the one question, I honestly, can’t answer. However, I will tell you, regarding the storyline for the Ultimate Domain Series (specifically the first three books), which ended up a trilogy; I literally woke up one morning, and the complete story from beginning to end, poured out of me so fast I could hardly type fast enough. I can’t tell you where the story stems from, only that I felt so compelled to write it, it consumed me.

3.       What kinds of things do you enjoy when not writing? Let’ see. I love to read, and I especially enjoy reading stories about deeply flawed/damaged characters struggling to overcome their fears enough to open their heart to love someone completely. AKA – I am a romantic, at heart. I love to walk, mainly just to breathe in the fresh sensations of whatever season currently looms. I also enjoy boating; one of my favorite things is the sound of waves crashing against the boat, and the fresh smell of the water.

4.       How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? To this date, I have four books completed. My publisher has committed to publish all four. I also have plans for two additional books beyond the first four. These two additional books will complete the series (unless I decide to add another book, which is a distinct possibility). It is virtually impossible for me to pick a favorite from these first four books. When I am writing, I pour my heart and soul into the story. Each, like babies, are different, but an all-consuming love. Contemplating Domain, is book two in the series, and will be released just after the new year. I must say, I do love this book; as it is full of angst, action, regret, love, pain, fear, and loaded with heat. The first reader’s response, “I couldn’t put it down.” Books three and four will each be released later in 2017.

5.       Do you have any suggestions for others who have a passion for writing? If you truly want to write, sit down, and start writing. Don’t put any filters on your thoughts, just write. You might be surprised what you produce.

6.       That do you think makes a great story? As I mentioned earlier, I am a true romantic of the heart. With that in mind, for me, a story must have several key elements; beautiful characters (mind and skin), a need to change their status, an all-consuming love, and eventually a happy-ever-after.   

7.       Which writer/authors inspired you? John Green, who in my eyes, is a master story teller. Brittany Cherry, for the way she makes me feel while I read about the beautifully damaged characters she’s created. E. L. James, who in my heart, is the master of creating that longing and desire, that eventually leads to love.

8.       What are you working on at the moment? I am currently writing Diamond Ink. This is the fifth book of the Ultimate Domain Series. Thorn is a beautiful Adonis, and the owner of an upscale tattoo parlor named Diamond Ink. He has everything in life, except an all-consuming love. Will the feisty hot little number, Ophelia Castellanos drive him crazy or be his happy-ever-after? Hmm…that remains to be seen. One thing for sure, it will be a wild ride.

9.       What genre are your books? My books are a mix of contemporary steamy/erotic romance. My publisher also listed the first book in the series in BDSM category, and there is a touch of that as well, but just a slight touch (and I mean very slight).

10.   What drew you to the genre you write? I don’t know really, other than I like to write epic love stories with a happy-ever-after. The kind you might have dreamt about finding as a teenager, and now as an adult the kind you all strive for in real life. The one true love that makes your heart want to beat, because the love you feel for the other person is so strong you can’t imagine living without them. With that in mind, the actual love scenes always seem necessary to achieve the level of intimacy I want to transcend through the characters I am writing in my novels. I love writing beautiful adult fairy tales.

11.   Which actor/actress would you like to see portraying the lead character from your most recent book? I think Daniel Lissing, best known for his role in “When Calls the Heart,” would make the perfect Dominic Main. Check out his pics, not the ones from the series, just his pictures; then read Solitary Domain. I think you will agree, he is a dead ringer for the Dominic my mind created.


12.   Do you write full-time or part-time? I write full-time and work full-time! lol Writing is my passion, I could do it from the time I wake until I lay my head on the pillow, and still want more time writing,

13.   What is the hardest thing about writing? It drives me crazy, when I am in the middle of an important scene and I have to stop to do something else. When you are in the middle of a deep thought, and are forced to stop, you may never get the thought back exactly like it was originally intended.


14.   Any tips to get through dreaded Writer’s block? Just write your way out of it. You can always delete it later. Keep writing.

15.   Do you read much, and if so who are your favorite Authors and genres? I love to read, and because I am a romantic at heart, I have a distinct preference to read romance. Some of my favorite authors were mentioned as my answers to question seven. I love many of the popular romance authors, but especially love Sierra Simone and Pam Godwin, because neither are afraid to step out of the box and write something very different. That is the type of writing I have tried to achieve. I love it when I read something I wrote, and think, “wow, I can’t believe I just wrote that.”

16.   Is there anything else you’d like to add that I haven’t included? If you are a reader (man or woman), that enjoys a romantic story that takes you on a journey, and you like a little skin and a lot of heat with your read, try Solitary Domain Book One, of the Ultimate Domain Series. It is available through most e-book retailers, and through my websitehttp://jlmooreauthor.com/   Solitary Domain is the beginning of the beautifully damaged, epic love story, of Dominic Main and Iris Bloom; a fairy tale I hope you won’t soon forget. Hugs! JL Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment